Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bush Feeling the Heat From the Fireman

“This song right here is dedicated to the President of the United States of America…”

Arguably the best rapper in the South, Lil Wayne has a song titled ‘Georgia Bush’ attacking the President for his failure to effectively manage the relief efforts in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Late last year, I had heard another Lil’ Wayne track littered with lyrics describing the futility of statewide efforts to evacuate the city, but I regret to say that I can not recall the name of that song.

In any event, I’m elated to see that someone prominent in the industry has opted to articulate their frustration with relief efforts over kick and snare. For those of you who don’t know, Lil’ Wayne reps the “the lost city of New Orleans” as his hood.

The track can be found on Hip Hop Game. Below are some of the lyrics for your viewing pleasure.

Nigga shot dead in the middle of the street
I ain’t no thief, I’m just tryna eat

Chorus:

We from a town where everybody drown and
Everybody died but baby im still prayin wit ya
Everybody cryin, but aint nobody tryna
There’s no doubt in mind it was President (Georgia) Bush

No comments: