Friday, May 19, 2006

Peace to the Mac Man

Upon its emergence on the FOX network in 2001, I had low expectations for The Bernie Mac show, though, over the last year or so, I've grown fond of the Mac Man in the semi-autobiographical paternal role that he has effectively made his very own. My initial reluctance to embrace the show stemmed from a lack of confidence that he could successfully make the transition from stand-up comedy to weekly TV, but judging by the fact that his series has survived half a decade, it's safe to assume he has done so gracefully.

Alas, I am now relegated to watching re-runs of one of my favorite portrayals of black parenting, as the fall lineup for the newly created CW leaves the Mac Man off the roster. RIP Mac Man.

Readers, at this time I implore you to reminisce with me and leave your warmest memories for The Bernie Mac Show in the form of a comment.

No comments: