Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Where You At Big Rube?

I had to share with you all some remarkable lyrics from a card carrying member of the Dungeon Family. I’ve heard some speculation that Big Rube will be releasing his own album, but couldn’t find anything. In the meantime, here are a few lyrics to digest; food for thought where the only prerequisite for taking part in the bread-breaking is that you do the dishes.

Liberation-Outkast feat. Cee-Lo Green, Erykah Badu, & Big Rube
I must admit, they planted a lot of things in the brains and the veins of my strain
Makes it hard to refrain, from the host of cocaine
From them whores, from the flame
From a post in the game
Makes it hard to maintain focus
They’re from the glock rounds, and lockdowns, and burials
The seeds that sow, get devoured by the same locusts
Cause it's a hard row to hoe if your ass don't move,
And the rain don't fall,
A
nd the ground is dry
But the roots are strong,
So some survive

13th Floor/Growing Old- Outkast feat. Big Rube
Conceive true deception multiplied a million fold
Visualize the Yin and Yang in a battle so intense that we get ‘em confused
The resident evil specialize in misconstruing
We wanna be at a presidential level -- what are we doing?
Foolin ourselves, clownin ourselves, playin ourselves
By not bein ourselves
We can't babble no more than we can bob our head offbeat
Nimrod by the time we forty cause we can't get off meat

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is Big Rube and why did you renew the embarassment you initially caused yourself months ago by linking Cee-Lo's name to your uneducated list of greatest MC's?

Signed,

~The Hater Coalition

Brother Smartness said...

Big Rube is the truth. I don't believe I need to say more in that regard.

Cee-lo is a master lyricist and my list of greatest MC's was highly educated. It is simply before your time and consequently, you'll have to wait a few years and jump on the bandwagon along with everyone else once they realize what I knew all along.

Brother Afrocan said...

I didnt know buck-nasty posted here?

Brother Smartness said...

What can I say about his writing style that hasn't already been said about Prince's face; it's prepubescent and sissay-like.

qwerty said...

How's about that Gnarls Barkley, eh? Go-Go Gadget Gospel is my JAM!

...I thought you were Talkin' about Ruben Studdard from American Idol.

Never heard of the fella. I'll check him out.

Brother Lightness said...

I've heard mixed reviews on that Gnarls Barkley, but my interest has been peaked enough to make an album purchase. Review forthcoming...

Brother Smartness said...

"I'm Free!"

Such simple lyrics on Go-Go Gadget and yet such a powerful song Solgenique. You definitely have to check out Big Rube. I can write down his lyrics, but his delivery is quite amazing. And for the record, I have yet to hear him rap. Those lyrices I placed above from Big Rube is all spoken word.

Finally, I leave you all with the following words:

Cee-lo Green is the soul machine. He can't be touched.