Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I was watching the news last night and discovered that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has started his own blog. (Word on the street is that he contacted Spotless about being a contributor at browneph after reading Lightness’s May 17th post on Ahmadinejad's entertaining sound bites.)

I checked out his blog, however, and immediately noticed that President Ahmadinejad had a poll with a question posed for his readers and the option to vote “yes” or “no.” The question reads: “Do you think that the US and Israeli intention and goal by attacking Lebanon is pulling the trigger for another [world] war [?]” I thought to myself, iight, I can respect that…he obviously knows that controversy and interactive blogging are essential to maintaining strong readership.

Having access to a blog with the thoughts and ideas of a President who hates America and our President is oddly fascinating. It’s obviously possible to read President Ahmadinejad’s biography or watch his interviews on TV. Yet, there is something remarkably genuine about a person sitting down to type his thoughts for the world to see. With his first post being over 2500 words, I only wish he were more concise.

1 comment:

Rell said...

seriously it took me about an hour (off and on) to read his first post.

But it's something i'll be checking on the regular.