Thursday, September 07, 2006

Chicken Noodle Soup With a Soda on the Side?

For you New Yorkers, I know I am very late on this latest craze but I had to show some love to something I thought was ridiculous at first. The Chicken Noodle Soup, for those that don't know is the latest dance craze out of Harlem, NY and the song is done by DJ Webstar aka The Voice of Harlem and Young B. I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw this video, my first reaction was "WTF?! Am I watching a minstrel show? Are these kids shucking and jiving?" Then I calmed down a bit and remembered all of the songs that were huge this past year: Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It, Snap Yo Fingers, Tell Me When to Go, Thizzle Dance (well I'm not sure if this song really blew up outside of California) to name a few and I realized that this is Harlem's response to all of those. As we all know, people from Harlem are very prideful (i.e. P. Diddy, Cam'ron, Juelz Santana, etc) and they are quite trendy. We all remember when the "Harlem Shake" blew up and G. Depp had little kids "killin' it" in his videos. That was about 4 to 5 years ago and now Harlem finally stands up again with a catchy song and a dance that looks foolish but is quite hard to do (editor's note: I pulled my back when trying to execute the "wit a soda on the side" move). If you haven't seen the video yet check it out below. I can't wait to see people trying to do this in the club.

3 comments:

Brother Smartness said...

I wasn't sure what I was getting for lunch today. But, now I think I'll visit the soup spot and grab some chicken noodle soup. I'll be sure to grab a coca cola to wash it down as well. The sharp carbonated liquid within the coke truly brings out the flavor of the soup.

The_Messenger_4 said...

One thing is for certain Black people are truly some creative folks.

khab said...

that dance is something else, i dont know what to think of it