Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Quote Of the Moment


A classic in my book.



Got stopped at the mall the other day,

Heard a call from the other way,

that I just came from, some nigga was sayin somethin,

talkin bout "Hey man, you remember me from school?"

"Naw not really," but he kept smilin like a clown, facial expression lookin silly.

And he kept askin me, "what kind of car you drive? I know you paid; I know y'all got buku of hoes from all them songs that y'all done made."

And I replied that I had been goin through tha same thing that he had.

True I got more fans than the average man,

but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week

I live by the beat like you live check to check.

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat,

so we like neck to neck.

Yes we done come a long way like them Slim ass cigarettes,
from Virginia, this ain't gon stop so we just gonna continue.

-Andre 3000, "Elevators"

1 comment:

Brother Darkness said...

I agree. That verse deserves to mentioned among the classic verses in hip hop history. Its simple and very real. Over the unforgettable beat and a hook that'll live on forever, that verse is, in the words of Dylan Dillinger..."FIYAAAA!"