Friday, October 06, 2006

Brother of the Week: Brother Rawness

This week you will have the pleasure of reading three posts on the Brother of the Week. The reason behind this surge of praise ultimately stems from my failure to divvy these brothers up during the entire month. So without further ado, allow me to introduce the next brother of the week.

Brother Rawness is this week’s Brother of the Week. Back in August I started a Brother of the Week post with hopes to honor a deserving Brother on a consistent basis. It was my hope to highlight the brother’s of Postgraduate Musings in the months of September and October by writing a few words on how their presence in my life has been both uplifting and inspirational. After giving the idea more thought, however, I’ve decided that their words and stories might be better conveyed from their own mouths/pens. So in a dual effort to praise them and to let you know who they are, I’ve asked them to pen whatever thoughts came to mind when I uttered a given word/phrase American Express style.

Here’s what Brother Rawness had to say:

Pet Peeve: People who talk for no greater reason than because they have a tongue, teeth and vocal chords.

First Love:
My mumz! (No eros)

Childhood ambition: To be a better man in every facet of life than my father was.

Soundtrack: Redemption Song, Robert Nesta Marley

Getaway: Just being among my people in Jamaica. It's a reality check, it's reinvigorating.

Biggest Challenge: To once again trust the human spirit every time people let me down.

Whip: Audi A8 (chauffeur included)

First Job: Coordinator, mentorship program, Ministry of Education, Youth and Culture, Jamaica

Worst Job: Poster Runner, Williams College Music Department

Last Purchase: Tropicana Orange Juice (No Pulp)

Favorite Movie: Crash

Motivation: fear of failure

Cartoon Hero: Lionor (Thundercats)

Greatest Accomplishment: Helping a couple friends come through some tough times.

No comments: