Thursday, October 05, 2006

Brother of the Week: Brother Tallness

This week you will have the pleasure of reading three posts on the Brother of the Week. The reason behind this surge of praise ultimately stems from my failure to divvy these brothers up during the entire month. So without further ado, allow me to introduce the next brother of the week.

Brother Tallness is this week’s Brother of the Week. Back in August I started a Brother of the Week post with hopes to honor a deserving Brother on a consistent basis. It was my hope to highlight the brother’s of Postgraduate Musings in the months of September and October by writing a few words on how their presence in my life has been both uplifting and inspirational. After giving the idea more thought, however, I’ve decided that their words and stories might be better conveyed from their own mouths/pens. So in a dual effort to praise them and to let you know who they are, I’ve asked them to pen whatever thoughts came to mind when I uttered a given word/phrase American Express style.

Here’s what Brother Tallness had to say:

Pet Peeve: shameless self promotion

First Love: I had a mean crush on Katherine Culver in third grade.

Childhood ambition: illustrate comic books

Soundtrack: song--john coltrane's 'alabama', album--'madvillainy' by mf doom and madlib

Getaway: getting in the gym or rereading a great book

Biggest Challenge: balancing personal growth with group commitments

Whip: 2000 mitsubishi montero

First Job: camp counselor

Worst Job: the kitchen at pizza hut

Last Purchase: the lupe fiasco album

Favorite Movie: George Washington

Motivation: harryette mullen's poetry, barack obama's interviews and spike lee's documentaries.

Cartoon Hero: batman from the first animated series

Greatest Accomplishment: being voted "most inspiring" for my high school senior superlative

No comments: