Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ivy League Hip-Hop: The Next Generation?

A new generation of hip-hop is upon us. One complete with Ivy League accreditation (see: UPenn) and Just Blaze production. Yeah, re-read that last sentence.

Conscious lyrics and dope beats equals mass enlightenment -- at least I hope.

Forgive me for coming across as that bourgeois lightskinned negro, but a hip-hop duo that has been instilled with the virtues of higher education is one that needs to have its message heard loud and clear.

Check the website for Kidz in the Hall. Their album drops today.

Album review forthcoming.

4 comments:

Brother Smartness said...

The title of your post brings me back to the GOAT room freestyle competitions we had at Perry House. Do any of you gentlemen/ladies recall the verbal thrashing I administered within the confines of those walls?

Brother Smartness said...

To respond to your post, however, I'm anxious to here what these gentlemen have to offer.

Brother Spotless said...

Were there two? I remember one my senior year; I don't remember anyone thrashing anything that night. I believe Mr. Gilyard lost in the final, and one Mr. Gura wouldn't rap because he didn't like the beat...

Brother Afrocan said...

There were two contests, unfortunately they ended up as popularity contests with little regard to rapping skills. That said, one could say all freestlye contests are popularity contests. If I remember correctly Smartness held it down but bowed-out early before the end.