Saturday, October 28, 2006

Where There Are Numbers, There Is Strength

Sigh...If I'm not mistaken, Fat Joe is the first artist to echo what I had written so many months ago. Below is a recent interview that Fat Joe had with HHNLive.com. In it, he describes the youngin' who, like his father, stunted so exceptionally as to receive the accolades of one of his peers. It is now only a matter of time...
HHNLive.com: The two joints you got wit' Lil' Wayne. I wanted to talk about that...

Fat Joe: You know, I live in Miami, I live in New York. I spend two weeks in Miami and two weeks in New York and I'm neighbors with Wayne. DJ Khaled is like my best friend and he's like Wayne's best friend and niggas just gelled together. First of all, Lil' Wayne is the hardest nigga doin' it right now. He's the nicest nigga in the game, I don't give a fuck. Dirty South, New York, whatever, he's bringin' it. Flows, records, whatever. Everything he's touchin', he's killin'. So, in order for me to be in the game so long, to work wit' a nigga that's on fire, it's the Punisher again. I'm not comparing him to Pun in no way, I'm just sayin', he keepin' me on my toes.
To continue reading click here

On a side note, Father's Day comes a second time this year with the release of Like Father Like Son scheduled for October 31st. Until then, I'll be veermon in a subway car, chromed out the homeless hoongray, what I'm doin' gettin money, what they doin' ....

2 comments:

Brother Spotless said...

"I'm not comparing him to Pun in no way, I'm just sayin', he keepin' me on my toes."

It really doesn't say much to keep Fat Joe on his toes, because he has always been a disapointment. He was supposed to be nice, and take a larger role in the industry after Pun died (similar to what Jay-Z did after BIG died), but his skills simply do not compare to Pun's. Weezy would need an endorsement from an artist with a higher skill set in order for those words to be taken seriously.

Smartness, since Jay-Z is back, would you say Weezy is second best?

Brother Smartness said...

His name is Fat Joe and he’s being kept on his toes. I think it does say a lot for a well fed man to say that someone is keeping him on his toes, which I would imagine might be a little uncomfortable. All jokes aside, to answer your question, yes, I do believe he is second best, if not, third.