Friday, November 03, 2006

CANNON!

If you listen to hip-hop mixtapes regularly then you've become familiar with the blaring and ambiguous term "Cannon!". It's usually inserted after some powerful verbal statement from the artist on a particular track, causing the listener to take note of the bar just uttered (see: Busta Rhymes, "Cannon").

Well, when I read about the bombshell that Christian Evangelical Teg Haggard is dealing with, I couldn't help but hear "Cannon!".

As Haggard is a prominent voice against gay marriage, this is political drama of the highest proportion. Look no further than this quote from the man that identified himself as Haggard's regular booty call:

“People may look at me and think what I’ve done is immoral,” Mr. Jones, who said he is no longer a prostitute, told KUSA. “But I think I had to do the moral thing in my mind, and that is expose someone who is preaching one thing and doing the opposite behind everybody’s back.”

"CANNON!"

7 comments:

Brother Smartness said...

"Back Then" Mike Jones Remix

Back then, Haggard was all on him/now the situation is hot and he's disowned 'em.

Brother Lightness said...

I wish I had four hands... So I could give that lame a*s bar four thumbs down!

Brother Spotless said...

Ted Haggard is the epitome of self hate.

Brother Spotless said...

Yea Smartness, you can do better than that...

Brother Smartness said...

ha HAAAAA!

HATE HATE HATE!

Brother Spotless said...

This just in from CNN.com:

The Rev. Ted Haggard has been forced out as pastor of the 14,000-member New Life Church, whose board cited his "sexually immoral conduct."

Brother Smartness said...

The question remains,

"Who is Mike Jones?"