Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Quote Of The Moment


"[He's] a total hypocrite whose agenda quashed the rising spirit of anarchy in the heart of black America. As he hid behind the cross, he hated being oppressed but realized it enhanced his [stud] game . . . His mystified hypothetical dream, with no economic structure, now hangs over the Negro's head like a Mississippi noose."

--Troi Torain, better known as "Star" from "Star and Buckwild" morning show infamy, discussing the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

Brother Spotless said...

I can't BELIEVE no one has commented on this. I've never seen MLK blasted in print like this before...

Brother Smartness said...

I was just waiting to get back to my apartment and find my notes from my leadership course with Professor Stewart Burns (see: http://www.tothemountaintop.net/).

I'll tell you off the bat that I don't agree with him.

But you also have to take into account that this is Star. It's almost futile to respond just for the sake of responding. The pain his words have the potential to inflict is only done away with when you break down his entire formula for hatred, which is combination of a pinch of truth and fistful of disrespect.

Brother Lightness said...

Objective hate is his brand of truth.